Mike’s Oilfield Services Ltd. carries Mike’s De-Icing Fluid (20L jerry cans & 205L drums). It is manufactured in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and carries the Mike’s Oilfield name. For further information on Mike’s De-Icing Fluid, click on the Chemical Division menu at the top of the page, then click on Mike’s De-Icing Fluid.
Mike’s also carries the following chemicals:
- Pure Methanol
- Methanol 60/40 mix
- Mike’s Oilfield Services Ltd. products are available through various distributors throughout Alberta and Saskatchewan.
For pricing and locations call : 1-780-875-1561
Material safety data sheets
Mike’s De-Icing Fluid
- Quickly clears frozen gas transmission lines
- Absorbs extraneous water vapors resulting in extended service without freeze-up
- TRANSMISSION LINES 18″ & LARGER
- If gas flow has stopped, a full 205 litre drum of DEICING FLUID should be added to the line. As the exact location and magnitude of the ice blockage is usually unknown, it is unnecessary to add DEICING FLUID in precise amounts. Add enough to allow gas flow to resume.
- SMALL DIMENSION LINES
- Add 10 litre DEICING FLUID per kilometre of gas line under 15 psi pressure.
- Experience has shown that DEICING FLUID is about 5 times faster than methanol for gas line deicing and can be added in much smaller quantities.
- Works when methanol won’t.
- Provides faster gas service to customers.
- Clears blockages quickly.
- Reduces labor costs.
- Can be significantly cheaper to use.
205 litre returnable drums
22.7 litre Jerry-can